The Senior Engineer at Fincantieri Marinette Marine's purpose is to solve technical problems, develop applicable documentation, and supervise all assigned resources to support the assigned project. The Senior Engineer assists the Chief Engineer and Project Engineer in determining the project's technical requirements, defining resource requirements to achieve schedule and budget commitments, and solving technical issues as they arise within the field of competence. The Senior Engineer-Electrical will have design oversight of the following: System integration of all ship electronics, Communications Master Control Center Operation Steering, and propulsion electronics Power and lighting all ship diagnostics
- Work independently in solving technical issues
- Plan, estimate, schedule and monitor assigned work and the work of assigned resources
- Track and report progress to budget and schedule commitments
- Supervise assigned resources
- Facilitate communications of issues and solutions throughout MMC
- Prepare, check and issue professional quality deliverables
- Interpret contract requirements
- Develop contract change documents to support the project needs
- May be required to define, track and control subcontractor activities
- Abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures
- Directly supervise 2 to 15 employees
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology and 6 years of experience of increasing responsibility in the engineering field of competence. This requirement can also be met with an Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology and 8 years of experience of increasing responsibility in the engineering field of competence, or a High School Diploma or GED and 9 years of experience of increasing responsibility in the engineering field of competence
- Supervisory experience desired.
- Six Sigma or LEAN training is desired.
- Must have technological skills proven by verifiable and specific work experience, technical publication, or patent issue.
- Must have a working knowledge of standard shipbuilding rules and regulations, as well as the associated regulatory agencies and the review & approval process.
- Must have current computer skills relevant to the field of competence.
- Must have ability to work within schedule and budget restraints.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Basic Earned Value Management System competency is a bonus.
- Previous experience working in ship building industry or industries alike.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.