The accountant works as the link between the local company, Company Headquarters and Certified Public Accounts & Tax Advisors.
- Manages administrative and accounting relationships with suppliers and customers independently and serves as the primary point of contact for local stakeholders such as tax and social security authorities.
- Ensures accurate and timely bookkeeping for general accounting, customers, and suppliers.
- Prepares statutory financial statements for the company in collaboration with the accountancy firm.
- Manages collection and payment activities, bank accounting, and related reconciliations in conjunction with Corporate Treasury. If necessary, negotiates with financial institutions to open current accounts, issue credit cards, and establish relationships.
- Oversees civil-fiscal obligations and engages local advisors as needed
- Regularly interacts with the headquarters on the company's performance.
- Maintains accurate administrative management of local personnel by interfacing with Global Organization & Talent Development Manager, accounting firm, and payroll company.
- Acts as a business partner of other company roles, both at local and corporate levels, collaborating to achieve the company's objectives.
- Collaborates with the Customer Service postholder to issue daily sales invoices.
- Sends customers' and suppliers' invoices to the accountant's office to ensure accurate feeding of the general ledger each month.
- Verifies the reasonableness of payroll costs based on reports from dedicated advisors before accounting entry by the accountant.
- Ensures employee expense reports are properly approved by managers before accounting entry by the accountant.
- Develops mechanisms to validate the completeness of costs and revenues after monthly cut-off processes.
- Processes period-end adjustment entries (journal entries, accruals) and shares them with the accountant for registration.
- Analyzes end-of-period inventory balances and interfaces with the Technical Service Manager on spare parts stock enhancement issues.
- Processes payment and collection schedules periodically and supports the Sales role in analyzing past-due customers and credit collection activities.
- Prepares bank reconciliations.
- Supports the commercial role in defining sales lists in coordination with the Global Commercial Manager.
- Interacts with external authorities and maintains and updates contractual, legal, and organizational company documents in liaison with the Global Governance Manager.
- Manages confidentiality contracts in liaison with the Global Governance Manager
- Degree degree in Economics, Accounting, or similar
- Knowledge of the Spanish language is a plus;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information;
- Good working knowledge of legal affairs management.
- Office package excellent knowledge;
- Thorough knowledge of the main administrative/management SW in local use (Quickbook or others);
- Autonomy and knowing how to move in unstructured, unsettled, and complex working environments.